- Client: Paris City council
- Location: Louis Blanc School – Paris 11th arrondissemennt
- Issue: Overheating in summer (T > 38°C) in classrooms on the top floor.
- Surface material: Bitumen membrane
- Size : 100 m2
- Date of Cool Roof delivery: November 2017
- Instrumentation: Recording of temperatures inside within the CPE framework with Cofely and installation of CRF sensors inside in July 2017 and outside in September 2018.
The black roof of the school was covered by our reflective coating to allow pupils to study in better conditions. This was a success: the uncomfortable time (with temperatures over 28°C) was lowered by 35%.
The Cool Roof France solution was integrated into one of the two classrooms on the top floor in order to compare the temperatures in both classrooms, one had a cool roof and one didn’t.
During the summer 2018, the difference in temperatures measured in between both classrooms was of 2.5°C on average, with a maximum reached of 4.8°C.