- Client: Casino
- Location : Valence
- Issue: Air-conditioned building with a large black membrane roof area
- Surface material: black bitumen waterproof membrane
- Size: 18 000 m2
- Date of Cool Roof delivery: 3rd July 2018
- Duration of Cool Roof worksite: 4 weeks
- Instrumentation : Installation on 30th May 2018 of a weather station, surface and subsurface temperature sensors (on painted and non-painted zones of 15m2) and temperatures inside by an independent engineering consultancy (Surya Consultants).
A Cool Roof coating was installed over the 18,000 m² roof of the supermarket and gallery of the Casino Valence Sud, in order to reduce the building’s energy spending.
Many superstores and other specialised stores have opted for the coating developed by Cool Roof France. These companies now save energy and reduce their CO2 emissions.
- Surface temperature has gone down by 4.98°C on average with maximum reductions of 36°C
- The building’s global energy consumption was reduced by 12 %
- 6.7 tons equivalent CO2 saved annually